Sunday, October 01, 2006

Welcome to my eco-blog

Welcome to my newly born eco-blog. You may have to bear with me for a little while, whilst I work out how to do this properly - so forgive me if things are a little shaky and raw at the edges.

This is a time of incredible opportunity and change. Climate change is a given fact - as Tony Blair stated "the debate is over". We now know that we are damaging and polluting our planet, in particular by our use of fossil fuels, with extremely damaging results. We now know that we need to take action to bring under control current and future greenhouse gas emissions. The solutions are out there, it's just a matter of embracing them and putting in place the right solutions for a brighter cleaner sustainable future.

I want to tell you about what is happening, what solutions are being adopted on a global scale, as well as on a national basis in the UK. I will also let you know of ways in which we can all live more sustainable, energy efficient and environmentally friendly lives on a day-to-day basis. On this blog I will post some of the articles I have written, some pointers to helpful and useful eco-websites, odd eco-thoughts and anything that I come across that I think may be of interest. Do let me know what you think, or if you know of anything out there that you would like to see posted here, I would love to hear from you - just email me on polly@lazye.co.uk

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know you are there doing the things you have said you will. Good luck and we'll be reading!

Anonymous said...

Good blog but english (:
Buzz'a da çıkmış (Bu Türkçe oldu)

Shelby M said...

I love your ideas. Ive always been interested in making the world a more sustainable place. I really think your ideas have helped me look at this in a different light. Good luck with everything!

Polly Higgins said...

Thanks so much for all the supportive comments - it's really great to learn that others out there care too and if I can make even a smidgen of a difference, well that's a good start for me. Do come back soon for more!